Vintage Mardi Gras Necklace,lg Red Oval,green Silver Beads Mercury Glass Garland
This item has been shown 124 times.
Vintage Mardi Gras Necklace,lg Red Oval,green Silver Beads Mercury Glass Garland:
This is a necklace from my grandmother's collection of New Orleans Mardi Gras memorabilia. Before she passed 20 years ago, Miss Alberta was a member of Venus and rode on the float for decades even into her 80's .
- This would also make a great feather tree garland.
- Made of antique Japanese glass beads. I have several of these up for sale - each is as unique as the other.
- This particular necklace does not have the original paper Japan tag but I have personal knowledge of its history.
- There are 6 large oval beads and 8 green faceted beads
- Jumbo textured oval mercury glass beads, each approx. 1 1/16" long
- Round silver beads are double beads, 3/4" long
- Green faceted beads are 1/2" in diameter
- Approximate length is 26".
- Strung on original cotton with no clasp in good vintage condition.
- Vintage condition as shown in the pictures
My grandmother's collection dates from the early 1900's. I have Mardi Gras items from my greatgrandparents era around 1908.
Seller will combine shipping on multiple purchases.Please feel free to ask questions.Thank youand have fun shopping with us!!We do not accept cancellations unless the request is made within one hour after the time of order placement.